Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AAAAAHHH!!! Tranny blew up!

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Blazinaire, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I was supposed to leave here with Tori today and head to Vegas, but my tranny exploded last night! I was driving back from having my spare 35'' mounted and at 65mph clunk pop boom and the tires locked /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif (for a second). This trans was just rebuilt and installed last week and only has 300miles on it! So I took it to the trans shop and the guy started pulling it apart and the clutches/ sprags/ planetaries/ drum/ etc proceeded to fall out of the case and into the catch pan! I have never seen a more destroyed trans in my life. Then he tried to say that I was too hard on it and he wasn't gonna fix it, but he finally came to his senses. Sooooo, it should be completed tomorrow morning and I guess I will have to drive straight through, it's only 900 miles. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif But like I have said so many times before "We're goin' to Utah! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif " P.S.: don't let steve start the raffle before I get there /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Well if I win the lottery tonight then I'll join you on that trip!!

David

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

woohoo! tranny is in and I'll be leaving in about an hour and a half /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif ! I'll be sure to whale on my horn as soon as I pull into camp around 3-4 a.m. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif