Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AAAARRRRGGGG!!! (job RANT!)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Burbinator, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

Well, I am thankful I have a job in today's economy...it could be worse! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On with the rant! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

My boss has been in business for 30 years and built the company from the ground up (i.e. old dog, new tricks), despite his very obvious lack of technical ability.

He recently experienced the tragedy of divorce (or celebration, according to his wife). During this dog-and-pony show, the security of my employ was shaky at the very best. Possible shut down, selling of company and a couple more equally bad things. This was coupled with SUPREME micromangement. Think of the worst possible boss you have ever had and multiply X10...you will be barely close. My coworkers and I (all 3 of us) were promised substantial raises when it was all over to reward us for our dedication and loyalty over and over again, with statements like, "Just wait until your annual, you will be handsomely compensated". Sweet, right? WRONG!

Annual comes...annual goes. No review, no nothing. Hmmmm...

Ask boss what's up..."Oh yeah, I have included your raise in your next check". OK...so I ask how much (logical question, right?)...

1.2%!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Figure in the inflation rate and you have...BINGO!...a NEGATIVE RAISE!!!

But that is not the good part...

Boss then goes and purchases a brand spanking new Mercedes CL500 Elegance (whatever that is) for a $109,000!!!

This after selling his Bimmer because "I have a truck that is paid for (the one that almost killed me: see my pics of "wrecked") and I don't need these $900 payments... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

So screw your employees over a stupid, needless shiny d!ck with wheels...I guess he is just the lone ball just dragging the F#*K along!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

My wife and I just had a new baby prior to the annuals, as if we needed more stress!!! Fortunately, my Masters in CIS is almost done...

OK...I am done. I have to fight the urge to take the Suburban OVER the new ride...

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

slip something gooy under his door handle, then when he goes out to lunch put vasaline on his ear and mouth piece of his telephone and soak his seat with pop and then superglue his mouse roller ball so it dosent work, also sign him up for news letters from gay pride organizations and fetish groups. That should make ya feel a little better... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I once got a dime an hour raise....Fawkin cheapskates...

3. Burbinator

I suppose if I was petty I could do that for a laugh...good idea AFTER I get a good reference (I have spent three years in this job).

Actually, it has fueled a hardcore resume blitzing of every technology employer in the Valley. Something will pan out...

...then the micromanaging, control freak can wallow in his own mess and blame everyone else for his woes instead of taking responsibility for alienating everyone around him.

4. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

I feel for ya man...

This year when review time came around I had an excellent review. I was pramoted to senior facility tech. All the while I am thinking to myself, hell yeh! My boss goes on and on about what he expects of me to go along with my new "pramotion"... He want metrics to take into meeting to illustrate the improved line up time etc..When the little fat fawker got to the bottom line the raise was .99%! The total rais was less than 3 %. It turns out the whole friggin company got 3 on GP. I got 2.99 with a pramotion and alot of new responsability...

needles to say he isnt getting his new job functions from me.

5. Burbinator

The raise in itself would not have been that bad...I could handle that. But, when you couple it with talk of "substantial increases" for eight months, micromanagement that would make communism envious and the purchase of a stupid car to pad the ego...it BLOWS! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

My co-workers and I have an ongoing bet as to who's resume will get picked up first by a new employer. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Unfortunately, my field is somewhat depressed right now...

Until that time, I feel a creative blockage coming on...

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Could be worse. I've been drudging for two years with no raise, no bonuses, nada. And I just more or less took on another site, with a PROMISE of no raise for "awhile". Occasionally we can watch money float out the door on some wasteful thing, too.
    Not only the personal comp lack, but I'm seeing a little of the "budget crimping" making my department run leaner.