Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AAGGHHHH!!! NO 4 WHEEL DRIVE!!HELP??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88k5canyon, Nov 16, 2002.

1. 88k5canyon

88k5canyon Registered Member

WEll took my truck out this morning and decided to make sure all was working properly when to my disdain I put it into 4 wheel drive and then tried to get on it a little bit in some gravel to make sure all 4 were turning when I herad a little POP and the no 4 wheel drive this happened many different times and would not stay in 4 wheel drive. I think my transfer case is ok so what do you guys think it could be. My hubs are still stock and are pretty carppy (leak grease and such). Please help me, I can't survive a Utah winter without 4 wheel drive.
    Thanks
    David
    p.s. how do I find out what my gear ratio is?
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

is your front driveshaft turning? if it is, your hubs are shot. If it isnt, then you have t-case probs. Gear Ratio there should be a tag inside the glivebox that should say if it doesnt, im sure someone will come on here and tell u the #'s of wheel rotations for a certain ratio.

3. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

if you have those stupid old man autolockin hubs, now would be a great time to convert it to manual locking hubs, id suggest warns premiums if you can affored them, or warns standard replacement locking hubs should do you fine too. good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif