Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

aargh...help with a pioneer deck

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rambler, Jun 7, 2002.

1. rambler

rambler Registered Member

The faceplate to my pioneer cd player was stolen. It was in my girlfriends car with a bunch of my other stuff, her car got stolen. So now the truck is without tunes.

The deck came in a car that I bought a long time ago, and I have moved it to a bunch of cars and now it is in the Jimmy. The bottom sticker is scraped off, so I can't order a replacement faceplate for it, since I can't get the model ##.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but is any one familiar with pioneer cd players from the mid 90's (1994?).

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Look on the Pioneer site, i believe they have an index of old models, if you cant find it in there you might want to try ebay.

3. rambler

rambler Registered Member

Zcarczar,
    Thanks for the advice, I couldn't find anything on the Pioneer website, but someone just put one up for bid on ebay.

4. 91K5

91K5 1/2 ton status

If the one on ebay fits your deck you better snag it. Replacement face plates from the manufacturer usually cost about 90% of what a new unit costs, for theft deterence. If you pull your faceplate off and a theif steals your unit, getting a cheap replacement faceplate would make the removable ones pointless, so they charge a lot to get one so it wouldnt be profitable for a theif.

5. wahbob

wahbob Registered Member