Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Abandoning 4x4 for a VAN?!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ben B., Oct 16, 2006.

1. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

Well I own a K5, and now own a K10 also.

Both fun.

Love them both.

but...

Yesterday my friend stopped over in his '90 Chevy G20 sportvan.

MAN that thing is cool. lol
    It has a couch that electrically folds into a queen size bed, 4 swivelling captains chairs, a TV, TONS of space for whatever you wanna do ....:haha:

Rides like a cadillac.
    350 TBI power.
    nice 700R4 to get decent mileage.
    Blew donuts without a problem.
    Would make a totally sweet high school vehicle.

I think I'm in love with the idea of a van.

2. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Well there are 4x4 VANS ya know. That has always been something Ive thought about. I do alot of camping and gear hauling. I could do a van and have a sleeper inside and room for all my crap. lol.

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

i think lifted 4x4 vans are badass. ive seen some new body style vans with SAS and 36's and they are sick. not much for crawling obviously, but they were on the beach and talk about a beach cruiser...badass.

4. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

I don't care about finding some crazy 4x4 creation. 2wd would do me fine. and trust me..it'd see time in the woods. lol

I just think it'd be the most awesome vehicle to have.
    Everyone would want to be in it.

5. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

well you'd have some where to get laid... but a van won't get you laid... lol will probably hinder it for that matter... get a sub and build what you want... chicks dig lift, not shag carpeting...

6. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

7. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

8. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Maybe Storm Trooper will chime in w/ his tow rig. He has an awesome 4x4 conversion van that he tows his rig with. Double as a camper/bar :laugh:

I've owned several conversion vans & I most likely will again as a third vehicle. Right after 4x4 Crew Cab & economy/semi-luxury car.

9. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

SHAGIN WAGIN! Bar and couch/bed......All you need.....period...........hahahah

10. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

This is why he really wants it. He gotz visions of stuffing it full of Cheerleaders and....... :D :D :D

11. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

And what? Driving them to church on Sunday I'll bet :laugh:

12. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

get the van and welecome the new nieghbour hood rapeist

hahaha had to say it

13. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

rofl.

I don't know how I'd look picking a chick up at her house to go out and her parents seeing me in a van.

Dayumm..:)

14. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I like the truck name in the Kill Bill movie.........Pussy Wagon. :bow: :haha:

15. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm somewhat of a "van man" myself...

I've had my 81 G10 van since 1990--its been "resting" the past 3 years,unregistered,sitting in my driveway..(and man,time has NOT been kind to it at all--its really gone downhill since I parked it--and I'd just swapped in a V8 motor and welded some spots that needed attention a year or so earlier too..:doah: )...

I miss having it on the road--it was great to hop in,and go to concerts,camping,or anywhere else,and always have a place to sleep,cook,or haul some friends with you...worked out well at swap meets too,and you could drive it for hours without getting a backache...but I suppose I'd not have used it much lately due to gas prices anyway..but its my #1 choice of vehicle for "fun"..its got a convertable seating area/bed,and a sink and cabinets,lots of room for camping gear,and a dual 15" speaker box!..

I mostly have a 4x4 truck to plow my yard and make some money with,and to haul stuff to the scrapyard or landfill..I like my truck,but I LOVED the van..

I've thought about getting a slide in camper ,and getting rid of the van,but I don't think driving my 82 K20 with a 6.2 would be much fun on a long ride..van rides nice,and is QUIET!..

(I Thought of getting a 4x4 van instead,I could use it to plow too,then I wont need a truck--but they don't ride much better than a 4wd truck,since they use the same axles and springs,--they are top heavy too,and using it to plow would ensure its rotting away in a few years.--plus visibility and backing up sucks in a van,it wouldn't be much fun plowing with one..)

I like just walking between the seats and into a sitting/sleeping area without climbing out of the truck and getting in the back of it..but I may get a truck camper or a trailer anyway,I can't afford having multiple vehicles anymore,and its a waste to watch one rot away from disuse ,and have to PAY to keep it insured and registered while it sits unused....I'm keeping mine mostly in case I get tossed out of my moms house,then at least I have a bed with a roof over my head..

Yes,vans ARE cool--only time I regretted having mine was when some pervert in a similar one was accosting women in the next town over from here,and I got pulled over twice within 2 hours by different town's police!..I'm glad they caught him--his van was dark navy blue,mine is "Ford Tractor" blue!..and by the way,I never found my van to be any help getting women..if anything,it scares more away--guess they know what could happen,with it having a bed and all...:rolleyes:

16. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

17. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

I've always wanted a van to haul parts, etc. with, maybe even one with a 6.2. Have you seen the van in the movie Old School? That's what I'm talkin about. A lot of the older bikers use em as scooter haulers when stuff breaks. Plus, they are real easy to find dirt cheap.

18. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I had a 1989 "Turtle Top" Ford Conversion van, and damn... I loved that thing. It had a rebuilt (.040" over, 350hp) 351W engine in it, and I could do burnouts all day in it... Nothing electronic in it except the motor and the top, which was pneumatic, but it had a sink, fridge, ****ter, bed, and plenty of room to haul anything I wanted in it...

My dad sold it to my uncle for $500 while I was away in the Marines... man I was pissed....

Anyway... there's a junk yard a few minutes from me, and the guy likes the 4x4 van thing... he has 3 ford 4x4s out front right now... I was considering buying one to lift it like the Quigley 4x4 vans, but they only have 5 or 6-lug wheels... and I don't feel like converting them to SAS either... and they are fords...

19. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

The ultimate high school van. Did he mention he was 42!:haha:

20. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

If your aim is to pick up women,errr,girls,
    Get yourself one of these:

[​IMG]
    ANd make sure this is kept fresh:
    [​IMG]