??? about 3" lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pow06er, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Pow06er

Pow06er 1/2 ton status

Apr 9, 2005
    I am wanting to make room to clear 15x10s and 33x12.50s on my '88 k5 and im looking to do this 3" kit

??? are will i need:
    extended brake lines?
    a steering arm?
    Can i just go to an autozone and buy some cheap 3" lift shocks?

can i safely clear the 33s on 15x10s with street driving?

thats all i can think of for now I might be missing a ??

2. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

Jun 1, 2004
    its a good kit but alot of ppl on here will tell you to stay away from the rear blocks, even tho many ppl on here run them.

get a raised steering arm, and MABY some brake lines, just disconnect them and put the lift on, then see if you can get them to run back to the calipers/drums with still a little slack, you will most likely need to but its best to leave them in the package ready for return incase you dont.

thats all you will need to worry about

and yes just go pickup a cheapey shock that is 3inches longer then what u are running now and you will be perfectly fine on road.

i cleared 35s on a 4inch lift and alot of ppl clear 33s with no lift.

you should be fine with 33s. :D

good luck

heres that link
    the one you had up there is broken
  3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

May 27, 2003
    that kit will be perfect for 33's,10" rims and street driving. i've got 3" TC ez rides as well, im very pleased with them. tho my truck has a ORD flip kit in the back. blocks should be fine for you. you can always upgrade in the future.

i'd get a 2" drop pitman arm instead of the 4" steering arm. you want the draglink slightly sloping down from the steering box to the steering arm. this helps limit bumpsteer. dropped pitman arm is easier to install too. ORD sells them if you cant find one.

you might be able to get away with the stock brake lines, but i'd replace them anyway with braided lines for peace of mind.