Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? About Body Flex

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by swampblazer, Jun 3, 2003.

1. swampblazer

swampblazer Registered Member

hey!
    im having problems with my cooling fan hitting my radiator shroud under certain body flex. is this normal? if not im willing to cut the inch and half off around the lip /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifinside of the shroud so it wont hit. lemme know if this is ok to do! thanx
    Luke

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

How are the body bushings?

These things flex quite a bit and it does cause problems. The flex is one reason they wheel so well tho. Nothing like a heavy self-conforming blob moving up a hill for traction.

Replace the body bushings and install a cage tied into the frame (with bushings) is the ultimate answer.

3. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I've got the same problem.
    I looked under the truck and found that I was missing five cup shaped washers on the lower part of the forward six bushings. That alows the bushing to slip right through the mount hole like its not even attached. I just bought five new ones from LMC truck for $3.95 a piece (PN 30-1354, catalog # BZC-12, www.LMCtruck.com).
    I'm just waiting on my new body mount bushings and 1" body lift from ORD to install them.