Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? about "CFM-Technologies" products

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by opfor2, Mar 14, 2005.

1. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

Hi Gang,

Has anyone ever used products from “CFM-Technologies” on there TBI equipped Blazers? (http://www.cfm-tech.com/catalog/gm_tbi_performance_parts___accessories_126905_products.htm)

CFM-Tech claims that there products will Give You More Horsepower and MPG. I’ve read that TBI spacers aren’t worth the money and really don’t help much. I’m looking for honest opinions from people who have bought and installed CFM-Tech products on there TBI Blazers.

I have a 90 K5 Blazer and with gas prices rising here in So. Cal I’m looking for stuff that might help my power and MPG. I find the write up on the fuel regulator rather interesting, any thoughts?

Dan..

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Dan...

I have some of their stuff...
    tbi plate... air cleaner powerplate....

I did their mods to my intake, removing the plastic noise restrictor, I did the 3 wire oxygen sensor.... slightly more gas mileage... slightly more power...perceptable I think but not by much... maybe 1-2 tenths fuel mileage...

it will take awhile for the payback in dollars.... but it will payback

their stuff is nice... and fits...
    if you have to rebuild your tbi it makes sense... if mods only.... maybe

cam

"I have a 1989 v3500 crew 454tbi.... it gets 7.7 mpg towing heavy
    it has... cfm tech mods... msd mods...is like new... and has and a zillion dollars in towing and heavy duty mods... and now has 40k original miles....
    I love it... but I want a cummins,,,, please buy my parts"

3. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

You mean to tell me that no one else has any of there stuff installed in there Blazers? Someone else must have additional opinions/comments.

Dan...

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i run the power charger, throttlebody, spacer, adjustable reg and injector spacer.. definite seat of the pants difference.. think mileage is about same, and thats with the pres bumped about 2 lbs.. the power charger seems to help alot..kept my old injectors till i go bigger.. not sure how much the spacer improved it or not.. did the power charger, then did TB, spacer, etc all at the same time.. could have been the ported TB or pres bump, but i'm assuming its a combo of all..

good company... :D

[​IMG]

5. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

I don't have them yet, but do a search for cfm-tech and it will pull up tons of threads and posts from people who do. I was thinking about doing them, so I was searching and there is a lot of people running them and plenty of info on them if you search. Good luck, and please post up the results if you do them.

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I am running similar to ryoken. Only I got mt TBI stuff from http://www.turbocity.com. Its the same stuff as CFM-TECH uses. Turbocity builds CFM's throttle bodys. I have bought from both companies and they are helpful with questions and good to deal with.
    Both companies products work good. You will definatly feel the diference with CFM's TBI power package that they sell on their site. I have installed similar set ups on some other TBI trucks besides mine with good results. Their owners were happy.
    With a fuel pressure guage and a scanner or winaldl you can fine tune the set up to make some respectable power for a $300 bolt on mod.
    To get the most out of TBI mods that add more flow, you should have a good performance exhaust.

7. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I recently added the parts that come in cfm-tech's power package. That is, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and guage, tbi spacer, injector spacer, and the power plate. It definitely gives you a pretty noticeable gain in the power department. It has more torque throughout the entire rpm range. Especially from a dead stop through 1st. Im not quite sure on the fuel mileage savings though. I have noticed a small gain (maybe 1-2 mpg), but I did turn the fuel pressure up about 2 psi so that may have affected it some. I recommend adding all of these parts at the same time for the biggest feeling power gain. The parts are pretty simple to install, and cfm-tech is a very good company to deal with. I have noticed that these parts seem to make the engine rev more freely and quickly. Anyways, I highly recommend these parts. Its a pretty good bang for the buck combo.
    -Harrison