Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

??? about Chalets

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gokartergo, Aug 30, 2001.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I saw a really nice chalet today. It was in exellent condition. It was a older couple driving it. They probably had it since it was Brand new.The only thing that was wrong with it was they had a push bar on the front and there spare tire roped to it. The quistion I have is where did they put the spare tire on those things. It would take up a lot of room in the camper shell. And it couldn't go under????????........Dan

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Dan, PM Doug (AZBLAZER) as he is the resident expert............the spares went on the front bumper if I am not mistaken.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Most of them I've ever seen did have a spare carrier on the front bumper. I did see one with a fold down carrier in the reciever hitch once, but I believe the bumper was the factory location. I looked on Doug's (AZBlazer) webpage, and all were similar pugsley.alloffroad.com

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Yep, it goes on the front. Come to Truckhaven[​IMG] and you'll get to see the Chalet up close[​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5</a>

5. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Silence mortals! The Chalet expert has arrived! Lol...ya right....i spend to much time and $ buyin brochures on all things K5....guess you could call me a k5 Nerd...i even have the 77 and 79 K5 Dealership 18"x32" posters...i got it bad!

Anyways...yes it came stock with a front bumper tire carrier!
    And all the ones i have seen have deluxe rear bumpers (w/impact strips) with the Chalet only rear step that bolts onto the rear bumper at the license plate bucket. A swing down rear bumper step has to be a one off custom made deal....plus they are not pratical as they tend to plow the earth and fall off.

I take it you saw this critter in Kingman...did it have burnt orange side stripes (76) or was the whole thing a cream color? If you see it again leave my home number on the windshield...623-939-6001....would like to get the build date and production number from the back of the camper...to the drivers side of the rear camper door.

Thanx Pugs!

Gonna make that SoCal K5 Safari?

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

6. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Actually I saw it in Globe over Christmas - it was solid cream (and rust).

I'm gonna try and make the Safari - it's too hard to commit to things though, not knowing if or when I'll get the call to go back to work[​IMG].

1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>