Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? about Genuine Suspension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Sep 22, 2002.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Has anyone ever bought the Genuine Suspension springs from 4WPW? I think I'm in the market for a new lift, and was wondering what kind of quality these are. Need to know if they flex good. Don't really care about the ride quality. I'm shopping for a 6" kit to replace my 8".

2. Ck1500

Ck1500 1/2 ton status

have you already sold your 8" lift??? if not lemme know i might be interested depending ??? lemme know sorry i haven't had a genuine suspension but a friend if mine had one, 6" and said that it was pretty bouncy??? but hey i am sure that it was eventually soften up hehehe

thanks

Ck1500

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

No I haven't sold it yet. I haven't talked to the guy lately that's wanting it. I could deal with the bouncy ride. That'd be better than the brick-ride I've got now. I'll let you know.

4. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

I have Genuine suspension 6" front springs under my blazer and they really don't flex at all. Thats why you have that bouncey ride. Thats coming from the side wall flex on your tires cause the springs aren't movin, and they aren't going to loosen up at least not for a long time. I've had mine over 2 years and they are still stiff and I've flexed em as much as possible even jumped it a time or two. I've thought about removing a leaf or just buying a better quality spring.

5. BigOrange90Jimmy

hmmm...that sucks. there goes my super amazing awesome deal.

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

genuine suspension uses procomp springs and they SUCK! i have 4" springs under my sub and i'm gonna get rid of em as soon as possible.

7. fulltopblazer

Yea mine were cheap too. Once I had them on for a while I figured out why.

8. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I have the 6" springs and they actually flex pretty good, but the ride does suck. I got them used from a friend and they've been broken in VERY thoroughly.

Will

9. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah i can flex but the ride SUCKS!!

10. fulltopblazer

Don't get me wrong mine do flex some just not like I think they should check my webshots and see http://community.webshots.com/user/fulltopblazer I've noticedwhen I get it twisted as much as I can that most of the flex isn't coming from the springs but from every thing else. Like body cushions and I guess just frame flex, After the day that I took all these pictures my doors would't close tight then I noticed that the door strickes were loose I guess from the body twisting.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm running Superlift Softride 6" spring up front. I like them. Still alittle stiff, but not bad. If I had it all to do over again, I'd go with the Superlift, or BDS.

12. bigjblazer

bigjblazer Registered Member

If the fundage is tight, go with the procraps. It'll be rough, but you cant be expectin a cadillac ride.

13. BigOrange90Jimmy

I don't care about ride quality, just how well it flexes. Like I said, I don't think anything could be worse than the 8" front/rear springs I have on it now. When I drive it, pictures of carriages with wood wheels comes to mind, and the only suspension is on the seat. So I'm used to it now. Plus, I'll be running an unbalanced 40 on it, so that'll pretty much knock out the effect of having a good-riding spring.