Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? about outlook express

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhog, Jan 14, 2002.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i am going to re load windows fresh by formating my hard drive anyone know how to save all my email so i can put it back on my pc after i reload i would like to burn it to cd then put it back in outlook express oh and also my adress book after i reload

wheeling pics

2. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Sorry I can't help you with that. On a sidenote though, I clicked on your pics and they're great. Is that your hubby and kids? Where is the pic of you? It's nice to have a face to go with a name, you know?

<font color=purple>Michelle~</font color=purple>

Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

3. mudhog

no that is me and my kids my wife is in one of the pics the one in the snow with them standing next to the truck if you look closely in this pic you can see her on the pasenger side but she usualy hides from the camera lolvideos and <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>pics</a>

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Right click on your inbox or something, and click properties. It should tell you where the folder is stored. Highlight the whole line, copy it, then paste it into the "Start"-&gt;"Run" box, delete the filename part of the text ("inbox.dbx" or whatever), and hit enter. It should bring you to a folder that shows all your OE folders as .dbx files. go one level up, and just copy the entire folder (so that any hidden contents are included). When you restore, find out where OE is keeping your folder files by the same method, and copy them back, overwriting the existing files. Your mail should be fine then.

You can also go "tools"-&gt;"accounts" and export each of your mail accounts for fast restoration (import) later (unrelated to the actual email messages).

One major caution, though: Make sure the version of OE you're running now matches the version you try to restore to, or you may not be able to see your mail data. I would upgrade OE to version 6 right now, then when you reinstall, upgrade to ver 6 again before restoring the mail files. This will insure you use the same versions.

Good Luck!

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by newyorkin on 01/14/02 09:19 PM.</FONT></P>

5. mudhog

thank you very much i need to reload and have some mail i would rather not lose thanks again[​IMG]

wheeling pics

6. mudhog

oh and also is there a way to save your favorit places from ie6.0? i am good at building pc's just dont know that much about software but i do know some lol

wheeling pics

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

sorry for the late reply! If you're using win98, you should have a folder called "favorites" under the windows folder. Use something like Winzip to zip the contents to one file, then back up the newly created .zip file. On the new system, extract the .zip to the new favorites folder.
    If you're using Win2K, the favorites will be under the documents and settings\[username] folder. In win2k, I would do a search for "favorites", then look in each folder found to see which one looks like your actual favorites.

A lot of the .url file names (the "favorites" links) can be too long for windows to correctly copy and will error on copy or just not correctly copy the data. That's why I always suggest zipping it first, then windows is not handling the copying.

Hope that helps in time!!

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.

8. mudhog

thank you Ratch that helps alot[​IMG]

wheeling pics