Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

About the ttc from somebody else

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gokartergo, Jun 7, 2001.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I am not taking credit for this. I found it on another board. Not sure of who wrote it.

Today was tow test, mudpit, frame twister, and the MiniCon.

Since this is a Rockcrawling BB I only care about the minicon! There will be more
    info soon.

Steve Watson showed up with almost a completely new rig. Coilover/5 link in the front,
    BigBlock, etc. He had some probs in the Frame Twister, but did pretty good in the Mud,
    and spanked....SPANKED!!! The minicon. NO winching, no backups, just a nice drive in
    the country!! Supposedly he won the engineering too.

Big Blaze (early Suburban) I believe won the Mudpit and did ok in the other events.

The Hybrid S10 thing (wasn't this the "rockracer" guy?) broke right at the beginning of
    the minicon! Must have been a short race?

Scott got Stomped by the Rocks (pardon the pun) but is doing ok all around.

The CJ with the 42's, tried really hard, but ended up winching out the side of the
    minicon after hitting the caution tape barrier and being DQ's after having to backup and
    reposition a couple of times.

The white Ford blew out his rear pinion right off the line in the towtest.

The Pink HotRod thingy did fairly well, apparently the owner has a BIG right foot and
    isn't afraid to use it.

not sure about the other guys, this is all I can remember. If I hear more I'll post it.

Disclaimer: This is all secondhand over the phone info, from a very tired spectator, so
    it's not 100%

The weathers been great, It might have hit 80 in town today which means maybe 85-90
    at the Hills, nice and cool for June!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

So the airport was yesterday?
    Sounds good for Stephen already!

YEEHAW!!!!!

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

No the airport was this morning they were done by 10:00. Today was there full day. They did almost everything today. I saw the M37 coming back in to town right at dark.

4. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Thanks for that update!!!!!!
    Go Stephen!!!

I'm actually pulling for that BigBurban dude too. I like his rig. But I want Stephen to win, so no worries.
    Boss
    ps, glad Scott@Rockstomper is doing well too.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boss.coloradok5.com>http://www.boss.coloradok5.com</A>