Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

About this Amigo/Grandma status.....

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by jms, Aug 9, 2004.

1. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

I've been following this loosely and became curious as to how this works....

It may be a bit premature, but there's a distinct possibility that my K5 may spend the winter in AZ. So I was wondering what the actual qualifications for this Amigo or Grandma status were (e.g. seasons 'wheeling in AZ, # of broken parts, # of trail fixes, or the like?), or whether there are application forms to fill out /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I hope things work out as planned, having the K5 in AZ would mean I'd finally get out more and actually use it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, rather than just having it here in the garage in NE and waiting until Blazer Bash comes around . /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

So, just curious, and by the way, my wife sez I do indeed drive like Grandma /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.... michael

2. FWP

FWP CRS

The grandma thing was kind of a practical joke on my 2 good friends, Rob and Marv. It's kind of old now.

As for the 3 amigo thing, that's another Marv quote at a trail run, from a few years back, so I'll let him tell the story /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    there's a distinct possibility that my K5 may spend the winter in AZ.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Winter in Az is fantastic.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif That's right in the heart of our wheelin' season. Plenty of runs pop up like weeds in the garden.../forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    So I was wondering what the actual qualifications for this Amigo or Grandma status were

[/ QUOTE ]
    Not really sure that anyone knows this at this time.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif It's likely some combination of breaking parts, fixing parts, drinking beer, and saying "watch this"... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    I hope things work out as planned, having the K5 in AZ would mean I'd finally get out more and actually use it

[/ QUOTE ]
    We hope so too.... The Az group is a great group of guys! oh.. and we know how to "use it" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    So, just curious, and by the way, my wife sez I do indeed drive like Grandma

[/ QUOTE ]
    ... I know what you mean..... Everyone says the same about me. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Marv

4. jms

Marv,

thanks for the explanation, maybe I'll be able to fill out an application form sometime after BlazerBash /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif!

Right now my plan is to drive my K5 down to AZ after Blazer Bash, leave it there thru the winter, and 'visit' it from time to time until EJS, after which it'll come back to NE for summer upgrades etc. I just hope this all works out, it'll mean I'll finally get some trail seat time on a regular basis /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of being a 'snowbird K5er'! Hope to see y'all (or was that the wrong accent? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif) on the trails down there!

Ya know, I used to look forward to winter because I love skiing, but this may be just another dimension of 'winter'!!!

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Flagstaff AZ (snowbowl) is the ski town in the winter. The almanac (along with taller than normal deer's ear's -> northern AZ plant) says that northern AZ is in for a heavy (by our standards) snow year. So there should be sking to be had if you really got an itch.

And yes y'all is often said.

6. jms

Flagstaff's nice, although I've never been there when they had enough snow to open the upper bowl, I'd like to try that one time. Nothing better than going skiing for the day in Flagstaff and then relaxing in the pool back down in the desert that same evening!

Although right now I'm more excited about getting seat time in the K5 - I used to live in the Southwest for 5 years, spending my time between San Diego and Scottsdale (that's where that Desertrider thing came from!), and I really miss it up here in the Plains!