Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ABOUT TO GO INSANE (EXHAUST HELP!!!!!)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BowtieBlazer, Jun 25, 2002.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Okay so its almost 1 am here and I should be sleeping being that I have to be up for work at 5:45. I however am getting my exhaust done tomorrow and feeel a bit uneasy about the flowmaster I purchased today. The box says 50 series street delta flow 3" IN dual 2.25" OUT. The part number is 9430602. The side of the box only lists the flows I knew of 30, 40, 50, 70, and 80 series. However when I look it up Online by part number it tells me I bought a 4 or 6 cylinder flowmaster. But this partnumber is only listed under 50 series. VERYNERVE racking I drop of my truck tomorrow morning. Is my V-8 gonna starve because of only 2.25 dual pipes rather than 2.50 dual pipes? Help! I really can't sleep with this on my mind. I am paying good money to have this done and rather not have to get it unwelded buy a new muffler and do it again.

2. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

no dude it wont restrict your truck . BUT who reccommeded that part #?? a 1/4 inch idnt gona hurt ya one bit . trust me . /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

nope you will be fine /forums/images/icons/smile.gif or should i say your truck will be fine /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Thanks fellas! I feel much better didn't think it would hurt but last minute felt in a bind. The local speedshop just picked it out and handed it to me. CAN"T WAIT! I'll have my exhaust finished when I get off of work today! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I'd say you'd be better off w/ the 2.25 than the 2.5 on a stock 350.