Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? about zero rates

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Ruff_ryda_420, May 28, 2003.

1. Ruff_ryda_420

Ruff_ryda_420 Registered Member

i heard everyone on this board talking about these "zero rates" and i had no clue what they were. so i looked into them and was very surprised, it's a great idea. anyways, i'm just starting a mild build of a 78 K5 w/ a D44, 12 bolt, SM465 and a NP205. my plan is to put an S10 body on the frame. the problem is that the S10 firewall won't clear the distributor well and the cab has to be moved back, hence the front wheels won't be centered in the wheel wells. would there be any problem using the zero rates to move the front axle 1.5" back to help center the axle to the wheelwell?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Not in the least bit, they are designed to move the front and/or rear axles forward or backwards 1" to 1.5" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif well worth the money /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You can use them to move the axle back, what you may find you need to do is actually leave the axle in the stock location and stretch the fenders to make a bigger opening. We have several customers that have done this swap and that seems to be a good way to make enough room under the hood and in the wheelwell. The stock S10 fenders aren't very big....

4. Ruff_ryda_420

Ruff_ryda_420 Registered Member

that is very true, they are small fenders. i'll look into stretching them, it may be a better answer.