Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ABS for 14 bolt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90blzr, Apr 7, 2001.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

In 1990 the Blazers came with rear ABS. So what do I do when I swap in the 14 boltff? Will or can I still have the ABS?
    Same goes for the front swap, is there a sensor or something I can change over from the 10 bolts??

2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

You may be out of luck unless you get the axles from a donor vehicle that has ABS. Disconnecting the ABS may not be worth it or more trouble than it is worth. There is a tone ring that should be inside the front hubs and on the axle shaft in the rear that lets the ABS sensor know when lock-up has occured. You can probably order retrofit axles for the rear and you may be able to use the front hubs off you current vehicle (some year models 10 bolts are pretty much the same as a Dana 44 from the knuckle out). Anyone else have any ideas????

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Check with Steve on that one. He had ABS when he swapped in a 14 bolt. Check on the home page and read the articles there but I don't think he had any problem.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I think that the rear wheel speed sensor is on the driveshaft (or T-case output). If you don't have wires going to the rear axle than you are in the clear. The only other thing that matters is your final drive ratio (gears and tires)

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust

5. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I have replaced both front and rear axles and driveshafts and had no problems with my ABS. There are no wires running to the either axle.
    [​IMG]