Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ABS Light WTF

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Yohinan, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

95 Chev Burb K1500 w/5.7

Not sure what is going on with my truck. In the past year and a half I have replaced the brake booster/MC as a combo 2X now. The newest one is from Napa (not China made either). It has been in for about 5 or 6 months. The first one was replaced by a reputable mechanic. I have since moved and replaced this most recent one myself. I am not sure if tires would cause this but I am leaning towards not. If it matters they are 33X12.5X16. Anyway my ABS light is on and I am wondering if there is a way to read the computer and see specifically what part is throwing the code (kind of the same as reading the computer through the ALDL port). My brakes work fine but I am guessing I have no ABS as of right now. Rotors and pads were replaced about a year ago. TIA John

2. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Not sure how to read the code without a tool, but check the plugs for the front wheel sensors (if you have 4wheel abs) they tend to corrode.

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Mine's been doin the same **** for like two years now. I didn't believe it until I slid completely through an intersection.

4. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

go to autozone, they'll read the code for you for free.

5. 96texasz

96texasz Registered Member

check your wheel hubs and sensors mine came on and the next day my hub broke.