Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

absolutly recockulous.... and re-god-damn-diculous....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Poohbair, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Tonights Monster Garage had a 40 some thousand $ "FREEBIE" value.... that is something that happens in the average garage... like 2 supercharged 502's... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

I have an idea for Monster Garage... build something cool w/ a 2K budget and a $500 freebie max limit... Lets see what these guys can actually do in a real world scenerio! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Quit watching bad TV if you don't like it

3. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That whole thing was bullsh!t. Did you notice when Jesse was pulling the sled at the end the tires were not spinning and the weight box on top of the pulling sled did not move forward like it normally does. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I didnt notice the weight not moving but I do remember saying to my roomate that somethigns up cause it didnt even spin a tire anytime...Cool seeing the military guys on there though, work got done with minimal bitching /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. mudjunkie 82

I think on all those shows all the bitching is staged. Like on American Chopper. Not a bad show though. I laugh my ass of though, Here are guys building $100,000 bikes and you watch them beat parts on and even have a 17 year old kid working on them /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

Guess you can't turn wrenches when your 17... /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Guess you can't turn wrenches when your 17...

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, the problem with most 17-year-olds isn't the turning of the wrench, it's knowing when to stop turning the wrench before metal yields that is the problem...

8. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That whole thing was bullsh!t. Did you notice when Jesse was pulling the sled at the end the tires were not spinning and the weight box on top of the pulling sled did not move forward like it normally does. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They couldn't move the weight forward on the sled or it wouldn't have pulled it... the tires on my Cavalier have more tread on them than those ones that they put on there...

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Guess you can't turn wrenches when your 17... /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

who says 17 year olds cant turn wrenches?

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Guess you can't turn wrenches when your 17...

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, the problem with most 17-year-olds isn't the turning of the wrench, it's knowing when to stop turning the wrench before metal yields that is the problem...

[/ QUOTE ]

You never saw me wrench at the age of 17, then. My 130 lb ass couldn't make a 1/4-20 grade 1 yield. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. mudjunkie 82

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]would you let a 17 year old kid wrench on your rig /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gifMy whole point is what would you think if you were spending 100 grand on a bike and you found out a kid was working on it. experence comes from wrenching over time and learning from mistakes.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif