Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ac and heater problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by unick, Feb 21, 2004.

1. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

when i try to use my ac or heater it just blows outside temp air into the K5. Anyone know what it could be? Its an 87 K5

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

So basically if its hot outside or cold outside thats what you get.....sounds like a venting or cable problem. Something isnt opening or closing. Never had the pleasure of taking one apart yet. Air always blows through I've noticed on our trucks while driving. The temp lever is what should open the doors to alow air either over the evaporator (a/c)or over the heater core. Wish I had a real answer for you. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

The mode switch is hooked into a vacuum source, I had a vacuum connection come off on the passenger side kind of up under the dash a little, next to the kick panel. It could be that.

Also the temp lever uses a cable that attaches to the plenum behind the glove box. I had the plastic clip break once so all I had was outside air. Pull your glove box and move the temp selector lever and you should see what I mean. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The mode switch is hooked into a vacuum source, I had a vacuum connection come off on the passenger side kind of up under the dash a little, next to the kick panel. It could be that.

Also the temp lever uses a cable that attaches to the plenum behind the glove box. I had the plastic clip break once so all I had was outside air. Pull your glove box and move the temp selector lever and you should see what I mean. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok well I check the cable and its hooked up and working. Ill have to go check the vacume line later. Its raining outside.

Nick