Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AC blower motor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tx_sub, Jun 6, 2004.

1. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

the highest fan speed does not work. the other positions work but not the highest setting. my question is this, is this a sign of the motor going or the switch itself. the other fan speeds don't seem to blow as hard as they used to. is there an easy way to determine which component it the culprit?
    thanks y'all

2. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

if the motor was going it wouldn't want to work in lower settings. i would say you have a wire/switch/plug problem. time to wip out the volt meter, or start wiggling, pounding and jumping with another wire, the backwoods way /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like the switch.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

On some trucks, like mine, even when it is on high, it blows more air on max a/c than it does norm a/c. Enough of difference to feel/hear /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. odee1

odee1 Registered Member

I would make sure that the blower motor you have is for a a/c truck. I work on one awhile back the evap would frost over in a hour or so. I rechecked my charge and temps ok, turned out someone had put a regular fan motor on this thing, it didn't move enough are to keep the coil clear.