Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ac Help????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BlaKK54Speed, Dec 20, 2006.

1. BlaKK54Speed

BlaKK54Speed 1/2 ton status

hey guys. my 85 blazer has original ac equipment, compresser and what not. the two lines that go to it i want to take off and take the other stuff out too, i will never have it recharged so i want it out. it sits right above the power steering pump, the lines arent squishy they feel like they have pressure on the m all the time. can i just take them off or do i need to take it in and have the system purged first?

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Federal regulations say you have to have it recovered. If someone sees you and rats you out it is 10 large to Uncle Sam:eek1:. That **** ****s up the Ozone layer. Do it right and have it recovered. Are you sure there is anything in the system? The hoses will always be hard. There is what looks like a valve stem on one of the lines you might be able to use a tire gauge and see if there is any pressure in the system.

Ira

3. BlaKK54Speed

BlaKK54Speed 1/2 ton status

the lines are definately hard. ill have to have it looked at. i dont want to despell that crap and breathe it in either