Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AC not pumping out cold air.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazen_md, Jul 22, 2002.

1. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

I realize I posted this already in someone elses post (if that makes any sense) My compressor runs I did a deep vacuum on it and recharged it and it doesn't put out any cool air the accumulator doesn't even get cold what could be the problem??

2. smack

smack 1/2 ton status

When you say you charged it you should have verified the pressures in the high and low ports. Likely, one wasn't reading properly or not at all. It sounds to me like there is a clog somewhere.

3. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

I had just put a new orifice tube in it also.

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

No matter what the case, you will need to get the high and low-side pressures. Also, what gas are you running?

I can think of four possibilities:
    -You have a restriction somewhere. This will give you very high high-side and very low low-side pressures, accompanied by the compressor shutting off quickly.
    -The compressor is bad. This will give you not much pressure differential low-side to high-side.
    -The system has a serious leak. Your charge has gone away already. But you would probably already know this.
    -You have almost no airflow. Without any airflow, no cooling of the condensor takes place, so the high side goes very high and the low side barely drops. This can only be explained if you have no fan or a really bad clutch. If so, I hope you have a high-pressure cutout switch.

5. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

The compressor runs so I dunno I will hook it up to my machine again and check the pressures.