Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AC parts help, pls before I &*% flip!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 87Blzr, Jun 27, 2000.

1. 87Blzr

87Blzr 1/2 ton status

May 24, 2000
    OK you do it yourselfers, I need your help before I have a nervous breakdown. I have been going through my AC system and currently have my compressor totally apart. For those that have had theirs apart there is a piece behind the compressor pulley that bolts to the body with four bolts that the electrical harness plugs into. Within this piece there is a bearing about one inch in diameter along with a seal that is probably a little smaller than that. WHY CAN"T I GET THESE!!!! I have been to the dealer and they only sell the whole piece for $53. The local parts store can only get the whole compressor. This bearing and seal has to be available. The bearing is a Torrington and even has the part number 2-126 on it and still no one can get it. The seal has a few markings but probably no help. I bought a rebuild kit for the compressor and none of the parts in it match up. My truck has been down at least two weeks due to this and I am ready to flip. I don't have the money to buy a new compressor and hate the fact nowadays that no one does anything themselves. Everyone just replaces things even though they need $4 worth of parts. The economy must be great for some. Doesn't anybody cater to the do it yourselfer anymore? I need these parts like right now. Can anyone help, I guess I can see why people just replace. The simplist parts are &(**^$ impossible to get!!

87 K5 Siverado, 68 SS 396 Camaro
  2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Feb 17, 2000
    Only recomendation I can give you is to look for an Auto A/c shop that does conversions or complete installs for cars that did not have factory air. Doubt they will have what you need either, but thats the only thing I can come up with. Nobody has the tools, time, or talent to do that stuff at home anymore, so they just farm it out. I hate not being able to find the simplest things to work on for my K5 as well. I usually end up going to the junk yard and getting parts.

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>