Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AC swap question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gravdigr, Jun 2, 2003.

1. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

My 79 K5 has factory air...or at least it did. Everything from the firewall to the rad is gone. I have the chance to pick up a complete working unit from a 87 Jimmy, will it bolt into what I have? I can replace the in dash stuff with what I'll get if it will work. Will the compressor work with my motor? Not sure when they switched to serp belts.

2. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

If you can get "EVERYTHING" then yes it can be done. But that will include all the engine accessories like water pump, alt, p/s. But if you can get everything that goes into the firewall and the wiring, and pretty much everything, except for the compressor, brackets, pulley and condersor then you could just pick this stuff up later and that way it will be correct for your truck. I myself tried doing it the way u want to and it was just a pain in the a$$, so finally i opted for the later. If u have any questions you can PM me, cause when it comes to these trucks, and a/c, been there done that.
    Good luck
    Steve