Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AC troubleshooting questions......

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bushwhacker, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

charged up the ac last night. I have had this problem before I charged it though. Anyway the fan will not blow on the highest setting. It cuts out completely. The other three settings work fine. I have tried 2 new fan switches( 1 was a AC Delco), 2 relays ( 1 AC Delco also) still no high fan! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Anybody tell me where to look for the problem? Anybody had this happen? Let me know, cause its hot as a mofo and I would like to have my air!! Thanks!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Clay

2. Bushwhacker

ttt...
    update: new blower motor. it started working on the way home from picking up the new blower motor. Go figure! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Well today I fired it up and what do ya know, no hi fan. again. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Now I am back where I started. I know someone still has AC on their rig!! Anyone run into this problem?? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Thanks,
    Clay

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    ttt...
    update: new blower motor. it started working on the way home from picking up the new blower motor. Go figure! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Well today I fired it up and what do ya know, no hi fan. again. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Now I am back where I started. I know someone still has AC on their rig!! Anyone run into this problem?? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Thanks,
    Clay

[/ QUOTE ]GO ahead and replace the blower motor anyway, they are only like $20. Then see what it does.

4. Bushwhacker

yep did that. I was on the way home with a new one and decided to turn it on and it worked. But when I got home I put the new blower motor in anyway. It worked fine. its been a couple days and today I tried it and no worky on high again. Where to look next? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Clay

5. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

There is a resistor setup that determines the voltage/speed through the switch position. Look at that or the connections between.