Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ac wire

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Scuba Steve, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Registered Member

Can someone help me out. The power wire that goes to the AC clutch pulled out somewhere on the fire wall. It is the Dark Green wire. I have the wire diagram and it says it goes to the Air Cond. part number 2977253, but I dont know where that part is.

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Did it pull off of the compressor? Or did it rull out of the firewall? I would just get the same gauge wire and run it to a hot/ignition circuit.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I Dont think you should just hook it up to a hot wire. The green wire is switched. If you hook it up hot the compressor will run all the time.
    If i rember rightThe green wire runs from the AC controll in the dash to a relay then to the press cutof switch on the reciver /drier. then to the compressor.
    Not sure about the exact location in a 87 but there is a connector in the wireing harness behind the air cleaner on the firewall on the later model blazers,should be grey or black. Is that where the loose wire is? if so just wire it back in. The only other place i can think of where it may have broke loose from is the pressure switch on the drier.

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Good catch /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I was very tired yesterday and wasn't typing wht I was thinking.