Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. 76 jimmy Az

76 jimmy Az Registered Member

Ok i just got my AC charged and it is ice cold the only problem it is not pushing it out fast enought, Is there anything i can do that will push out more cold air, Got to luv this AZ weather
    thanx

2. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

is the blower motor old? you may need to replace it due to its old age.
    mine will blow hard then slow down for a while then increase again. need to change it out

Knife.

3. BigBadBowTie

BigBadBowTie 1/2 ton status

<font color=purple>GM replaced the blower in the late 80's early 90's. The redesigned the fan with better bearings, they don't claim it moves more air, but I'm also ready to change mine out. Supposed to be a direct replacement</font color=purple>

[​IMG]

<font color=purple>Rick
    86 K-5</font color=purple>

http://www.BigBadBowTie.ColoradoK5.com

4. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

take your dash apart, and make sure the ducting is completely connected. the pieces may have separated. and here's the trick to cooling down your rig as fast as possible:
    roll down all the windows. turn on air to maximum setting, with the main vents on, and the fan on high. allow a couple of minutes for the hot air in the vehicle to be replaced by cooler air. roll up all the windows. switch the setting to bi-level. this will allow cool air under the front seats, cooling the rear of the truck much faster. and it's all the same air, so the sooner all of it is cool, the sooner you will be comfortable.
    also, keep in mind that your air conditioner can only lower the temperature approximately 20 degrees. the sooner the hot air is replaced, the better.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>