Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Accel injection finally installed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89Jimmy, Aug 19, 2001.

1. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

We finally finished the install on my Accel 4 bbl. tbi. The mechanical was easy, but the software was tough. I got the unit off ebay a few months ago, turned out the guy had it on a 5.0 Mustang. Fortunately the ECU had been changed to use an after market ignition(I got an MSD 6T) so I can fire it with the stock distributor out of my '89 Jimmy(may she rust in peace) The difficult part was the files loaded in the ecm would not even let the truck start. I downloaded a file off the net for a Buick Grand National and used that to start it. (Yeah, it ran pretty rich) We got it running and have stroked the fuel maps so it pulls pretty good, but there is a lot of tuning to do yet. If any one else is using the system let me know how it's working you. I'd like to talk timing maps also. Thanks
    John

So MUCH to do, So LITTLE cash.

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

See if you can find anyone with the Cal-map progams. Accel makes the program. If you buzz around a hotrod board someone is bound to have one. I am going ot ask my buddy if he can help you out any. He has a supperram setup on his Slomaro.

3. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Good idea, I got Calmap 6.32 with the other stuff from the auction, but the program won't install from the disc, so I just copied the disc and the program runs, but I don't have all the features. If your friend has Calmap installed, there are some directory names that I need. Thanks
    John

So MUCH to do, So LITTLE cash.

4. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Good deal! I just got my TBI 350 running today too, it's nice to hear it run for the first time in months! Now I just have driveshafts, axles and seats to do!

73K-5: TBI350/TH-400/NP-203/14FF/D44
    Topless, doorless and no tailgate!
    Fresno, CA