Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Acceleration Lag

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rotorjockey, Sep 8, 2006.

1. rotorjockey

rotorjockey Registered Member

I am hoping somebody can help me with an ongoing problem I am having. I have a 94 fullsize blazer which I put a 383 stroker in which has a 1005 cam:confused: . I have an edelbrock intake and the larger Holley throttlebody. The engine runs real strong except for when I accelerate from a stop or drop the pedal down while on the go, thats when I get a lag before it really kicks in. Sometimes when the motor is still cold, it will stall while stopped. I have been to several shops and I think it has been narrowed down to the Throttle position sensor and/or not enough fuel. I have also been told that the TPS can be adjusted and for the fuel problem I could use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator or I have to put a 4 barrel carb or tuned port injection. I have put too much money into it already and not sure where to go....can get any straight solid answers here. Can anybody help please.

2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Did you get the ECM reprogrammed to take all this different new hardware into account, or are you still using the stock programming?

3. rotorjockey

rotorjockey Registered Member

still using stock programming. I was talked into having the Perfect Power SMT6 installed by Virgina Speed, but after $1500, the end result was less power, less torque, less gas mileage and an engine that would barely run.
    I had the SMT6 removed and the truck wired back to stock and it runs sooo much better. Just gotta get rid of that lag.