Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Accelerator spring.......is it fixable?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Jan 10, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

As most of you probably know, I have recently purchased an '88 K5. All is going well, except for that fact that I have to stomp my foot to get the accelerator to go. Like any other vehicle, when you make a sudden start, your head goes jerking backwards. Plus, it's also really hard to try to keep a constant speed with it like this. I really want to get it fixed SOON!! Thanks

Alex

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

lmc sells springs for the accelarator.
    i kinda need one, but its not a emergancy.
    let me knwo how it goes....

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

The spring on the carb that returns the throttle? You can buy those at (GULP) Autozone or any parts house. Probly even get one from Ace Hardware.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Yeah the throttle return.....so when you let off the gas the pedal comes back. How hard are they to take off and put back on??

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

5. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

They aren't that bad to work on. However, it sounds like your acc. cable may be in need of some lubrication. When you take off the spring, take off the acc cable connection at the carb and see how hard it is to work back and forth. It should move freely.

[​IMG]