Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

accesories

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by katie, Aug 23, 2002.

1. katie

katie Registered Member

Does any body know where I can look for some kind of seperate fuse pannel for accesories for my truck. I was reading burning down the truck, and now im nervous I patched accesorie wires into my fuse box... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Try a speed shop...they have that sort of stuff for guys that wire up their own cars. I'd recomend Painless wiring but they are pretty expensive IMHO.

At any rate, stay tuned to that thread...I haven't nailed down the exact cause yet. I replaced the wiper switch, headlight switch and the main harness that runs behind the dash which includes the entire fuse panel. As it sits right now I still have a dead short in the tail/courtesy circuit. I suspect the dead short was a contributor to the meltdown. The fuse should just have blown though, instead that area of the old fuse panel is melted.

Rene

3. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Any bigger boat/marine supply store should have accessory fuse blocks. They don't all use the spade fuses though, some use the cylinder shaped fuses.