Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Accesory Brackets? HELP!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rad Tad, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Rad Tad

Rad Tad Registered Member

Here it goes... This summer my brother's K-5 hard-broke and it has been picked at by him in his free time since then. The problem is that I am now home for the hollidays to do an engine swap, but we can't remember how the accesory brackets go on :doah:(teach me to let him wrench on something without my supervision, huh?) The passenger side head and everything that bolted to it has been off since the summer, and there has been some sleep and a lot of beer since then :D

His rig is an 87' K-5, Silverado package with the original v-belt system. Any pictures, links, hints, or tips would be greatly appreciated :bow:

Thanks,
    -Mike

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  2. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

Pictures attached are of the bracket setup on the 88 model 350 I just pulled out of my dually. I am not sure if the are the same as yours or not. I do not have the smog pump bracket on it either, but have it if you need a picture.

Russ

brackets1.jpg

brackets2.jpg

brackets3.jpg

brackets4.jpg

3. Rad Tad

Rad Tad Registered Member

Thanks a lot Russ, those pics are exactly what I needed! The smog pump pics are not needed. The original exaust manifold on the passenger side had a crack most of the way around it so it is being replaced with some newer manifolds that don't have the emissions ducting in it. No sense in bolting the smog pump on if it won't match the manifolds, right?
    Thanks again,
    -Mike

4. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey Russ, long time no speak.....How you been?

Hey, I need that A/C bracket that bolts to the exhaust manifold, or one just like it. You don't happen to have a spare do you?

Sorry to hyjack this thread.

5. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

Mike,
    It is good to hear from you, hope all is well up there. I have not decided yet exactly what I am going to do with the 350. I will probably wind up selling the TBI system off of it, scrap the rest and keep the block as a future builder. If I do I will let you know as I will not need that bracket.

Russ

6. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

old post, but these answered my question, I got the wrong pulley on my a/c compressor.

7. molokai05

molokai05 Registered Member

For anyone that needs to know where the smog pump belt goes on, it goes on the very front grove on the water pump pulley. These pics have also helped me in putting together the puzzle, Thanks a lot.