Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Accident----UPDATE

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yellowK20, May 29, 2003.

1. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Got rear ended last Night In my yellow pick up by some P.O.S. in a rice rocket that was racing 2 other cars down main street last night Had my girl with me were both okay the truck sufferd a smashed diff cover, bent shock , and busted one of the tires of the rim /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I was movin' about 40 Mph and the cop estimated the cars speed to be in excess of 70 MPH Honda civic that Know resembles a crumpled beer can driver was banged up pretty good but walked away after they cut him out...... I was Pi$$ed /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif It was the first time I've had the truck out in like 3 Months. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif after they took the kid to the hospital to treat his cuts they took his dumb ass to jail . Sorry P.O.S. didn't have any insurance the car wasn't registered to him and he didn't have a licsense .... so it looks like I'm screwed as to gettin' my trucked fixed /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: Accident

oh man, that blows, at least you and your girl are ok...you should of just put your truck in reverse and drove over the top of the ricer

3. yellowK20

Believe me the thought crossed my mind /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Also the diff cover was smashed into the gears so I coldn't drive it home I used ether and a match to reseat the bead And We pulled the the bent shock off and put a "new" diff cover on it the accident happened about 8:30 we finally got the truck back home about 11:30 I also got a ticket for my license plate light being out /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Dude....that sucks big time. Glad you and your girl are ok. I've been bitten by the idiots who drive around uninsured, and had only limited success getting any kind of money out of them. Good luck!!

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

That totally sucks and I know that when your junk is bent it's hard to see "the bright side".....but:

Nobody in your truck got hurt, and it sounds like the damage is pretty "localized" and repairable.

It's always a good idea to remember that you are still ALIVE and ABLE to complain about the accident....had you been an a lesser vehicle, things might have been more tragic. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. yellowK20

Yeah it sucks I was runnin' dual shocks in the rear but for know I'll just pull the other one off and just run 2 shocks in the rear a while /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I sure do know what whiplash feels like now i'm sore today /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon for more lawsuits, but I think you should sue the little turd. If he's under 18, then mommy and daddy. He needs to pay for the damage he caused. Lawyers can be expensive, but in a case like this, I think they would take it for free until it was settled. Seems pretty obvious you'd win. I say it's a worth it. Otherwise the little twirp might get away with it.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

to me, this is unbelieveable
    the insurance thing

do you not get in trouble for not having insurance?
    If you dont have insurance, and you hit me, you pay nothing? Why not go to jail for not havign insurance and operating a vehicle? No liscense? Did he not have one at all, or not have it with him. The latter is dumb, but not having one at all should = jail time.

Racing itself should carry an added penalty, then the fact he was doing 30+ the speed limit...reckless, thats jail time isnt it, or a huge fine.

If i was incharge of this stuff id make the dude get out and punch himself in the sack until i fixed my truck
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. yellowK20

I'm sure I'd win but who say's he'd pay ??? I just want my truck fixed which is like $200 tops I'm fine so's my girl I'm a little sore I just talked to her she said she feels fine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'm just mad he hit me he's over 18 cuz they took him to jail one of the people that stopped to help Knew him and he's actually older than me bye a coulple of months (I'm fixin' to be 24 in a week or 2)his car is completly totaled it was a 99 civic that he still owes money on and he didn't have insurance so he's tuck paying for a car that he can't drive /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I might file a suit in small claims court to get my truck fixed but other than that I'm just gonna let it slide

10. yellowK20

[ QUOTE ]
    If i was incharge of this stuff id make the dude get out and punch himself in the sack until i fixed my truck

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif thanks' I needed that . I'm sure he's in a sh!t load of trouble with the law over this I'm not sure if he has a license or not he didn't hvae it with him if he does /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

11. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Man you are having some bad luck right now aren't you? Like Greg said things could have been worse.

12. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

yep, I'd sue that little punk. Seriously.

He HAS to pay the settlement. He may only pay a little a month, but he HAS to pay it. THe a-hole that ran me off the road in '91 had to pay me off within on year according to the judge.

13. yellowK20

I Know I go in monday for surgery /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'm ready to get it done so I can start healing up they said I sholud be good to go in about 2 months which is cool origanally they said 4-5 months I should be able to start using it about 3 weeks after surgery /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif things are starting to look up

14. RingMaster4x4

Just hang in there you will get it all worked out.

15. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Glad your OK. But think of it this way, you got a tire popped off the bead, a bent shock and a bent diff cover. HE HAD TO BE CUT OUT OF HIS CAR! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Glad the numb nutz driver was OK, but Im sorry thats just too funny. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. yellowK20

Thanks , I just been havin fun drinkin' beer and washing and waxing my trucks (Being going through lot's of armor all ) And runnin' the Video Camera when everbody goes wheeelin' /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. yellowK20

It didn't even scrape my reciver hitch /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif sometimes havin' a tall truck makes all the differance /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. RingMaster4x4

I bet your trucks are the cleanest they have ever been. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Kinda makes you feel better now doesnt it? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

20. yellowK20

Yeah they are it's kinda nice /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif