Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Accountability

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by wasted wages, Aug 7, 2006.

1. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

My father always said, "It takes a big man to admit he's wrong."

[​IMG]
    I'm sure it's been this way since the beginning of time. People do not like to admit when they screw up. Maybe it was a survival mechanism from way back that kept people from being expelled for endangering the tribe.

It has come to the point where no one will own up to their mistakes. There is always an excuse, someone else's fault, I'm just a product of my upbringing etc...

Scientists have discovered that when people fail, lose or get caught, There is a massive decrease in the brain chemical dopamine A significant drop in this chemical makes you feel like hammered dog ****.

Good.

If a person feels like excrement after doing something bad, stupid
    or irresponsible then possibly they won't take that course of action again.

Someone said, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is insanity.

For example:
    Drunk drivers who finally go to jail on their 18th offense

Women who continually pick scum bags over and over to date and marry that beat them, do drugs, abuse the children and drink away all the money.

People who sit at home, do nothing, aspire to nothing and do the barest minimum to get by and wonder why their life sucks.

Why do these people continue to do stupid ****?

They have never been forced to fully and completely take the mental fall and accept the fact that they are a total ****up.
    Some folks cannot make a direct correlation between their actions and the repercussions of those actions.

It starts in childhood when parents tolerate poor grades, poor manners, poor behavior and poor hygiene without kicking the kids butt and telling them they are being a screw up and need to do better.

Parents that don't take away privileges, use consistent discipline take steps in building a conscience and a sense of responsibility risk raising a social and emotional cripple.

Ever watch Leave it to beaver? Beaver was scared ****less of pissing off or disappointing his father. Was it because he got daily beatings?

No. It was because Ward Cleaver paid attention, called Beaver into the den and said "son quit being a **** up and you're grounded for burning down Whitey's house."

Instead of kids having Ward Cleavers for fathers, many children these days have pussified, lazy ****head fathers that are doing things that are just as stupid and irresponsible as their children.

The next time you hear your someone say to you, "Well I got fired from so and so but it's not my fault", "I'm broke jobless and I'm losing my house but it's not my fault"...

Take your figurative foot, swing it back as far as it will go and plant it firmly up the rectum of whoever is talking and scream "YES IT IS YOUR GODDAMN FAULT!!!!!

2. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

I sense a little pent up anger... but hey, it's not your fault.

Seriously, I agree completely. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS!!!!!!

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I too, concur. I was brought up in the style of the Beave and there's nothing worse than disappointing my parents.

4. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

All the normal text seems very small for some reason. :rolleyes: