Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Accufoam Dash replacement

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poker, Mar 23, 2005.

  1. Poker

    Poker Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Posts:
    49
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Texas
    my dash is horribly destroyed. i saw in a magazine that a replacement/cover type made of some kind of foam can fit right over the original.

    anyone have feed back about this? weak idea or fork the cash to get new one.

    note: its not the cheesy dash covers u see that have velcro tabs and has carpet on it.

    thnx
    Poker
     
  2. txfiremank5

    txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2004
    Posts:
    3,105
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    San Antonio, TX.
    :dunno:
     
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  3. carolina k-5

    carolina k-5 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2005
    Posts:
    58
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    columbia, S.C.
    i lucked out and got an original from a buddies junk 78 in mint condition ill keep you in mind if i find another
     
  4. mrk5

    mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2004
    Posts:
    12,329
    Likes Received:
    1,037
    Location:
    Northern Colorado
    I'm in the same boat. I'm seriously considering just making my own dash. There's a burb in the Petersen's 4wheel I just read owned by the Avalanche Engineering guy. It had a custom dash that was really cool.
     
  5. Blue85

    Blue85 Troll Premium Member

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2000
    Posts:
    9,072
    Likes Received:
    483
    Location:
    Grand Rapids area
    I got an Accuform dash skin and it is a huge improvement. Their instructions make it sound easy to put on, but it's actually fairly involved.

    I used a spray vinyl dye to get it the right color ahead of time. Then I pulled the dash out of the truck to do all the work. To get rid of the cracked high spots on the existing dash skin, I used a belt sander. It took a lot of tape and props to get everything in place correctly for the silicone to dry.
     

Share This Page