Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Accufoam Dash replacement

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poker, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Poker

Poker Registered Member

my dash is horribly destroyed. i saw in a magazine that a replacement/cover type made of some kind of foam can fit right over the original.

anyone have feed back about this? weak idea or fork the cash to get new one.

note: its not the cheesy dash covers u see that have velcro tabs and has carpet on it.

thnx
    Poker

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

:dunno:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  3. carolina k-5

carolina k-5 Registered Member

i lucked out and got an original from a buddies junk 78 in mint condition ill keep you in mind if i find another

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I'm in the same boat. I'm seriously considering just making my own dash. There's a burb in the Petersen's 4wheel I just read owned by the Avalanche Engineering guy. It had a custom dash that was really cool.

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I got an Accuform dash skin and it is a huge improvement. Their instructions make it sound easy to put on, but it's actually fairly involved.

I used a spray vinyl dye to get it the right color ahead of time. Then I pulled the dash out of the truck to do all the work. To get rid of the cracked high spots on the existing dash skin, I used a belt sander. It took a lot of tape and props to get everything in place correctly for the silicone to dry.