Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ack! Free Shipping only Today @ 4wheelparts?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dhdescender, Aug 3, 2003.

1. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    I'm looking to pick up a new set of 42" TSL's at the beginning of september, get them shipped to seattle, and take them back accross the border myself. I recall hearing 4wheelparts ships tires free to anywhere in the states, but when i went on the website, it said "Free Shipping Starts Thursday, July 31st and Ends Sunday, August 3rd"

Does this mean they WILL NOT offer freeshipping anymore?
    Theres places to get tires cheaper, but free shipping is terribly tempting. If the offer is just going to come around next month, I dont have much to worry about. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Les Schwab sells Swampers...save the shipping and buy a set in Lynden WA.

Rene

3. dhdescender

Do you rekon they'll be cheaper than 4wheel? I also noticed 4wheel has an 'outlet' in lynwood, so I can just go there. Apparently 4wp will beat any price...but hell what do I know? I just want to plan it right, and screw the government outta my tax money, I wouldnt mind saving a buck on the tires aswell.

4. tRustyK5

I haven't priced them yet, and Lynnwood is a fair drive farther than Lynden. You might burn up the savings paying for fuel and time.

How exactly do you plan on screwing the Gov out of your tax money? Not only will you pay the WA state sales tax, but on top of that you'll have to pay our sales and general tax./forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

As if the exchange rate didn't make it bad enough!

Rene

5. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

4wheelparts has had that free shipping thing since march they just keep extending it. they will price match anything too.

6. dhdescender

I'm going to buy em, and Drive back across the border with the tires ON the truck. I'll make sure get em nice and muddy aswell.

Even with the exchange rate I have not been able to find 42" Super Swamper TSL's tires for 1700cdn.

No workie?

How much is WA sales tax?

7. tRustyK5

Yeah, nobody has ever tried that before.../forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

WA state tax is about 8% I think, don't forget the F.E.T. on the tires either...

It's much less hassle to pay when you cross than risk getting caught.

As for cdn pricing, I was quoted $430 each for 39.5's cash and carry. That's not a bad price all things considered...

39.5 with FET ~$265
    WA state sales tax $21.20

US $ total before coming back through the border ... $286.20, or $406 cdn. PST and GST at the border $58.87.

Total is $466 after taxes and stuff, but I have to drive down and put up with customs and stuff.

I've thought of buying the 39.5's on the way to Moab and just coming back with the new ones on and not saying anything. The only problem is that I've been asked if I had to buy anything for my truck or make any repairs while I was gone when I've been down for a week or more. These guys have seen it all and are paid to be suspicious. I think I'll buy mine up here and keep the reciept in the truck.

Rene

8. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

WEll when I worked at 4 wheel they offer free shipping off and on all year. The website sales is entirely seperate than the retail store sales side. Les Schwab could never beat 4 wheels price on TSL's America's Tires was the only one close.

9. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

It's free shipping when they send it to you but don't you have to pay for the shipping when you have to return it because they sent you the wrong part? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

10. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

OMG /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

you knew our shipping policy /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

11. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's free shipping all the time. They just put up a date range to get people to buy now. Tomorrow it will say Free Shipping August 4th to October 1st or something /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif