Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Action Alert - Possible Fordice Creek Tail closure (Sierra Trek)

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Priest, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Priest

Priest Registered Member

This message is from Jon Crowley at crowley off road.

"The Nevada County Board of will consider a position of "support" for the Boxer wilderness bill on Tuesday, July 23 at the County Chambers, 950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City. The agenda item (number 26) is scheduled to occur after the consent calendar items at 1:00 PM. We need to have a presence at the meeting to voice our opposition to this resolution. The map of the Grouse Lakes area brings the proposed boundary down right to the Fordyce Creek Trail (Sierra Trek), from just past the first stream crossing to Meadow Lake. This boundary currently averages 0.25-1.25 miles from the trail. Most disturbing in the package of accompanying documentation are various statements that all recreation groups now support this bill! We need to voice our opposition.

If you can make the meeting it is being held at:
    Eric Rood Administrative Center
    950 Maidu Avenue
    Nevada City, CA 95959

If you can't make the meeting, the least you can do is express your opposition to Boxer's Wilderness bill. They need to be flooded with emails and phone calls on Monday & Tuesday!
    Voice: (530) 265-1234
    Fax: (530) 265-1480
    ncbos@co.nevada.ca.us

Thanks for the help,

Jon"

2. Priest

Priest Registered Member

14 views is pretty fawkin sad people.....

3. Priest

Priest Registered Member

Glad to see that nobody gives a damn still.... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I did read this post and did send an a-mail when I read it the first time. I would have gone to the meeting thing on the 23rd, It's only like 5 miles from my house, but there's no way I could have taken time off work. Just wanted to say that I did read and react to this. I guess I should have posted about it then. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Hey joe I like the jiggly wiggly's...LOL

6. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Haha! I figured someone would get a kick outta that. You should check out this site. There is ALOT of cool animated stuff there. Took me about 45 minutes to make a choice. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Priest

Priest Registered Member

Thanks! I'm just trying to get people to respond. BTW, in case anyone is wondering the meeting tanked and Nevada County is now supporting the wilderness bill. Don't be surprised if nobody can run the Fordyce trail at Sierra Trek next year because people didn't care enough to stand up for themselves.

SUPPORT THE SPORT...

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I saw a thread about this on PBB (think either Peter or Jim posted it) and sent an email in. It's sad but people flat out don't give a crap to be honest when it comes to this stuff. Maybe when everything is closed they will... but by that time it's too late...