Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Actual Lift hieghts.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mud hungry, Dec 19, 2004.

1. mud hungry

mud hungry 1/2 ton status

Looking at adding a lift but I was curious for legality reason what the actual hieght is of a skyjacker soft ride 6" lift with fr/rr springs if it was in fact 6". and the same goes for a Tuff country 6" fr/rr springs. Anyone Know??

Question 2 what is the biggest aggressive that you can run with 4" lift. with no trimming. planning on running 16x8 rims no wider than 12.5

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The biggest tire you can run on a 4" lift with no trimming and no rubbing would be a 31x10.50 on a 7-8" wide wheel with stock backspacing.

Big tires will never fit in the fenders without trimming.

On a 4" lift, 35s with some minor trimming on 8" wheels are quite common.

Actual height measured where?

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Max tires on a 4" lift is up to how much you are willing to cut the fenders. I have seen 39's on a 2.5" lift with alot of cutting. I personally run about 4.5" of lift and I can rub my 35" MTR's on the inner fenderwell. I have a decent amount of trimming on my truck. I only rub the fenderwells though, not the fenders.

My friend Matt runs 37's on the same height lift with a fair amount of cutting and no inner fenders. He can rub the tires on the firewall if he gets stuffed real hard during flexing.

Move the axle forward 1" or 2" and you can run a bigger tire on the front with less lift.
    Harley

4. mud hungry

Measurements from the door sills. Are we talking a lot of flex before rubbing of minor flex. would 35x12.5 on 16x8 need a lot of flex before rubbing or are we talking turning that would rub?
    thanx

5. mud hungry

newbie Q how would you move the front forward.

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You can redrill the axle pirch or you can use a zero rate add a leaf that will offset the axle one way or the other.

Harley