Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Actually had to WORK today at work...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

You heard it... I always say that at my job, 99% of my day is spent standing around shooting the breeze with my co-workers who also do a whole lot of nothing for 8 hours...

Today, I got to work, and right away my boss says to me "Carl! I'm glad you're hear, you can go to the back dock and relieve Caleb." I thought to myself, Alright, this can't be too bad, Bellmen don't believe in manual labor...

So I get to the back dock, and find about 20 of my fellow coworkers unloading a trailer full of patio furniture... They were about 1/4 of the way through, so I spent the next hour moving cushions, helping carry stacks of chairs, tables, and other such items... Then another 20 minutes inventorying everything... Then 20 minutes drinking Sprite and water (not mixed together) talking to folks... Then 5 HOURS with a screwdriver and 3 other guys putting together tables... We didn't even get all the tables done... There was so much patio furniture... I've never seen that much in my life... I could probably go to a patio furnature store and not find 400 chairs, 500 cushions, and 250 tables...

Made for a quick day, though... And a nice change from doing nothing... Of course now I'm beat, so I'm going to bed...

Lataz :xmas: