Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

adapter for 700r-4 to 205

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by yellowK20, Dec 26, 2002.

1. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

MY truck has a 700r4 and a 208 transfer case I was told that someone on this sight makes or knows someone who makes an adapter to replace the 208 with a 205 the 205 I have came from behind a th350 and has the same splinecount as my 700r4 any leads would be greatly appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif <font color="yellow"> </font color> /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Here you go:
    Adapter
    A&amp;Reds Trans. Parts
    816-483-7337
    part number 7Q35A
    $60 To My Door!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    <font color="red"> Next time try a Search </font color>
    <font color="green"> I've posted this a thousand times! </font color> /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. yellowK20

thanks Itried a search on msn ..... no luck then I tried one here.... no luck what all does it come with /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

The link in his post didn't work for me but if you go to his profile he has a link that will take you to the pictures.

Mike

5. yellowK20

6. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I did the 208 to 205 thing. And I used the 2in spacer, So far I don't have anything bad to say about it. I will tell you if you don't already know is that the back four bolts the you use to bolt up the addptor. is they are METRIC For me I had to use all thread instead of studs. You mite get by with Bolts I couldn't cause the way I put the transfer case in. Oh and the last thing I can think of right now is you will have to grind off about 1/8 off both of the shafts.

Eric

7. yellowK20

thanks for your input grind 1/8" off of what shafts /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

You'll need to grind the 1/8in off the output shaft of the tranny and 1/8in off the input shaft of the T-case. For some reason they make the adaptor 2in not 2 1/4 I don't know why they do this. So you'll need to do grind the shafts if you don't it won't fit tight and will leak ( I know this from my mistake ) The other thing it will do is put the shafts in a bind.

Eric