Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

add a leaf for rear? maybe??

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 82K5_6.5L, Apr 2, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

my buddy has a 90 Burban 1500..he just put some 33's on it and is in the process of gettin a lift..but it sags in the rear (like all of them) can he put like a 1-2" add-a-leaf in the rear to get it level?? cuz it looks funny u know?
    or do something else?
    thanx

2. hoosierk3500

hoosierk3500 Registered Member

You may look into those zero rates everybody uses around here.Not sure what makes em better,but I'm sure someone else will post up with the reasons.Jason 84k3500 /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif85k2500 /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

If it's only an inch or so lower in the rear, get a pair of these.
    These bolt to the spring pack like you would an add-a-leaf, but they don't affect ride quality. An add-a-leaf is a noticeably stiff suspension mod.
    But, if the rear is sagging 2-3", go with an add-a-leaf, or look at buying new springs because the factory ones are shot.

4. sanddragon2004

sanddragon2004 Registered Member

all 3/4 ton trucks have a 56" leaf, which is the same as the 1/2 ton sub leaf, and they are 6 leafs. so you can go to the Wyard and pick some up for cheap!

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    all 3/4 ton trucks have a 56" leaf, which is the same as the 1/2 ton sub leaf, and they are 6 leafs. so you can go to the Wyard and pick some up for cheap!

[/ QUOTE ]you'd be surprised...

my 77 C20 pickup had 56 inch springs, and my 77 C20 suburban had 56 inch springs... my 73 K20 has 52 inch springs, and my 73 C10 suburban has 56 inch springs. not only that, the pickup had 7 leaf pack springs, the 77 c20 sub had 9 leaf pack springs, the 73 K20 has 7 leaf pack springs, and the 73 C10 has 10 leafpack springs. since the 77 C20 sub has sagged to hell, and broken rear springs, I'm planning on putting the springs from the 73 C10 under it, to level it back out, and get the a$$ off the ground ( boy it pisses me off to drag trailerhitch leaving parking lots)

the point is, they kinda put springs of whatever type under whatever vehicle they felt like puting them under, depending on what hte vehicle was to be used for. all 3 of the suburbans are factory original trailering specials, its just that the pair of 2wd's have 454's and higher GCW ratings then the K20.

final note, I tried to get new replacement springs for mine, and found out they wanted 300/each for the factory 9 leaf heavy duty springs. I think I might just get a pair of 2 inch lift springs instead for the back, and figgure out how to make the front level later.

-Rich