Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Add a leaf with X over?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by stallion85, Aug 26, 2004.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I realize the issue with doing the 1" add a leaf with x over. I went out and placed the add a leaf between the spring and the draglink. There was about a 1/4" space in between the two. With that in mind would I have binding issues under flex or during steering. I guess I should turn the wheel and have someone look first. Damn it! I need to get my axle lifted to give my tie rod some clearance. It's rubbing on the bottom of the springs.

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

It has a clearance issue either way I believe. Tie rod rubs or is very close with no 0-rate or with a zero rate the draglink rubs. Options are a steering arm spacer, dropped tie rod ends, modding the knuckles for bottom entry, or heims instead of tre's/dle's.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Yup, what he said but we also have another twist, we have some 1/2" zero rates in stock. They don't have the offset feature built into them but it might be a good compromise in your case between the two clearances you're trying to juggle.

4. stallion85

Yea, my bud Dean told me he bought a set off you that were 1/2". I thought I just heard him wrong. I will probably order some soon, thanks Stephen. By the way saw you in 4wheeler tv Moab. Way to kick ass on that hot tub!!! Whose buggy was that with the awesome exhaust on it, man that thing sounded tough /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That would be me with the loud exhuast. Don't let it fool you. It's a stock 350 with loud exhaust.

6. stallion85

I thought that rig looked like your avatar /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Sounds awesome! What kind of exhaust do you have??

7. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Dual 2.5 inch with some kind of cheap glasspack type muffler. It is really quite from idle to about 2000 rpm then it just gets loud.