Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Add a leaf???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazin Ed, May 1, 2002.

1. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

Hey guys! I just installed a 4" procomp lift on my 88, it didn't really have to much of a sag in the back but the guy at 4wpw recommended I install a 1-1.5" add leaf in the back on top of the 4" block, it has 4" springs in the front... Now it looks like it's slightly jacked up in the back... has anybody else experienced this same thing before? Just want to know before I go out and remove the add a leaf... If I add a winch/bumper in the future it'll really look odd.. Whadya think?

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If you just installed the lift, then it will settle some, and over the years it will probably sag some too. So I would leave the addaleaf in that way down the road it will probably end up evening itself out.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I currently have 2.5" procomp springs in front,and 2 " block and add-a-leaves in the rear. It sits perfect. The add-a-leaf will lose some of it's arch,and make the ass end come down a bit. I would leave it in if I were you.

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i have the same thing, 4in lift, w/ add a leaf rear, it sat up a lot at first, but now 3 months late rit has settled and i dont notice that it sits higher in the rear, except when i took the top off, less weight in the rear.
    but if u do eventually add winch up front, then u can add leaves int he front, ord makes them and i know rough country does.
    also a procomp rear adda leaf is thicker than a rough country one so it lifts it more, but also makes it ride a lil rougher

5. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

Thanks for all the advice, looks like I'll leave it in and use the time do other mods to the Blazer!!!

6. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

Longer front shackles are an option also.