Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

add a leaf..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jul 2, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

could i do a add a leaf or something all around for like 2 inches of lift? like do they sell add a leaf kits or anything like that?

Bryan

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You could do an add-a-leaf, it will give you around 1.5-2" and make your truck have a ride quality similar to a brick on a roller skate. A better option is to invest in some springs for the front and if you can't afford springs or a shackle flip for the rear then just get some blocks until you can.</font color>

3. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

I LOVE THE BRICK ON THE ROLLER SKATE ANALOGY, SO TRUE LOL /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

IF YOUR LOOKING FOR SOME HEGHT GET THE REAR SHACKLE FLIP AND SOME 4IN FRONT SPRINGS, OR I HAVE SEEN A 1 TO 2 INCH SHACKLE LIFT UP FRONT AND A 2 INCH BLOCK REAR. YOU WOULD RETAIN YOUR RIDE AND NOT SPENT AN ARM AND ALEG /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

5. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

I put a 2" addaleaf on my 76 with 4" lift springs and did not notice a stiffer ride? and was using rancho springs.

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea im looking at a rough country lift..they seem to be from what ive herd anyway..pretty good..and you cant beat the price! at my age its something i could actualy afford!i want to put a 4" in..with blocks..then later up grade to some springs.. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Bryan

8. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I don't like the idea of a shackkle lift up front, it screws up your steering geometry pretty bad, not so bad if it a pure off road vehicle, but if it is a daily driver its not much fun.

9. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

I had some sagging 4 inch lift springs in the front and I put the rough country add-a-leaves in and gained 1.5 inches. It rides exactly the same as it did before.

Evan