Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

add-a-leaf??????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CURTIS111, Aug 19, 2000.

1. CURTIS111

CURTIS111 Newbie

I ordered Rancho add-a-leaf for my 79 Blazer.I'm wonderng How much it will raise my truck.The book said 1" or 2". Or would a body lift done better?..I want to fit 33's (if not 32's will have to do)

79 blazer 350 350turbo 12blt 373 gears 31-10.50

2. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

Run 32`s and the add a leafs untill they die. Save your money because in two years they will be shot, and you`ll be looking for a lift to fit those 33`s you where talking about.

3. 87 mid canada k5

87 mid canada k5 1/2 ton status

Personally I wouldn't waste my time or money with add a leafs or a body lift ( unless it's really needed for tire clearance) I'd go 4 inch soft ride at all four corners or if you want to save some cash use blocks in the back. My springs all have add a leafs and were re-arched , it was cheaper but now I get to do it all over again because I hate the ride. 4 new springs are definetly the way to go , from all the mags and catalogs I've seen from the U.S. the prices are pretty reasonable.

MIDCAN k5 " DIG A HOLE!!!"

4. 89 Blazzer

89 Blazzer Registered Member

i put Rough Country Add-a leafs on my 89 Blazer. I gained about 3.5" of lift. But I am sure that 3.5" was recovering the sag that set in over the past 11 years. I would say the total lift over the stock when it was brand new, was 2". When I added a 4" lift, which had blocks in the rear, to the add-a-leafs, it sits more level. Actually slightly higher in the back, it has a much better stance now.

5. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

I have add-a-leafs under mine and the ride sucks hard boiled eggs. I run 33x12.50x15 BFG ATs and the rub like crazy on the trail. As soon as these tires wear down(yea right) I am changing it all around.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I have a 6" Pro Comp lift. The ride is pretty nice, but the bouncing around is what I like. I have 6" front springs with 4" blocks and 2" add-a-leafs in the back. The addies in the back didn't give me that 2" lift, so it sits low in the back. So, basically I have a 6" front and about 4 1/2-5" in the back. I'm going to get 6" springs for the rear as well. Good luck.

Alex
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!![​IMG]

7. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

Add-a-leafs are painfully stiff, in my experience. It makes wheeling a pain, as you slam after every bump, and I do mean SLAM! Save your money and get better springs and lift that way. A 4" lift will clear 33s easily, and they are cheap. You can get a 4" for around $250-$300, and while a cheap one like that wiil pound you as well, it will be nothing like add-a-leafs.

[​IMG]