Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Add a leaf

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Can you use more then one add a leaf ??? Or is that unsafe ??? Just intrested in knowing.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Not neccessarily unsafe, but very very ghetto. What are you going for here, like 6" of lift from a stock spring? </font color>

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I doubt it would do anything...other than make your ride twice as rough. If the springs have the same arch, and you double them - you get the same amount of lift as 1 add-a-leaf (ok, maybe a tiny more because the arch is held up better), another leaf thickness of lift, and a whole lot of rough ride. Not a good plan in my opinion. ORD zero-rate and add-a-leaf wouldn't be too bad if you were desperate.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm planing on the ORD Zero rates on both ends to relocate the axles. Sence they are consittered as Add a leafs, was thinking maybe stacking in the rear if I have any sag after I install the Springer Suspension. Just a thought, no plans too at this time. Just asking if it'd be safe or not. I have 6" lift springs up front, and plan to go to Springer Suspension to get ride of blocks in the rear. (4" lift blocks plus add a leaf.) was thinking might use the add a leaf from the current lift , plus the ORD zero rate on the Springer Suspension. I kinda like the rear sitting just alittle higher then the front.