Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

add-a-leaf ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Russell Keys, Nov 20, 2000.

1. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

I have a problem with the p-side sitting 1" lower than the d-side. Will add-a-leaves rearch both springs to the same, or will one still be lower?-Russell

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I think one side will still be lower.
    Check your frame, though. My front was off to one side and it wasn't the leaf pack, it was a bent framerail (eeek.)
    -- Mike

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Just have a fat chick drive your Blazer for a month straight! That should make all springs saggy.....

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Rearching might work, or maybe its time for a lift[​IMG]. My old springs sagged on one side, and I put a 1" block under them and it helped . ORD also makes some add-a-leafs that add one inch, but are for the "saggy butt" that most K5s have. Those might work if you just put it on the lower side.

90K5

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Add a leafs are made to increase load carrying capicity.
    When your springs start sagging add a leafs are just a tempoary fix. And from my experience they make the ride harsher.If the springs are wore out, the bushings are too. It is far better to save up your money and get new springs and bushings. Your butt will thank you for it.