Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ADD a leafs 4 inch body 35 inch super swampers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85blazer350, Oct 6, 2002.

1. 85blazer350

85blazer350 Registered Member

I bought my 85k5 1 and a half years ago and have never drove it yet.So far ive fot a 14boltff 4.56 and 35 inch tsl swampers. Im wondering if my 4 inch body lift will clear this ive got new springs in the year with an extra leaf.
    Im wondering whats the deal with adda leafs in the front and year.The previous owner had 35 inch mud kings but they were only 12.5 wide on 15 inch rims. Also what are my options with my 16.5x12 rims for new tires.Also how bad is my 4 inch boy lift performance wise this rig will be wheeled but also a daily driver.

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Well I have the mud kings on and they are ok till I get flexy...(HA me laughing at that)..In my pic at the left side under my name there is about a 1/4" of clearance on the fender and I have rubbed the inner well also...So my thought would be ...
    1.If the springs sag at all then you might want to trim the fenders a little ...
    2.Or get a 1' (ord) or 2" any brand body lift to help keep the wider meats out of the fenders... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

4" boy lift huh?...OH..you mean body lift...sorry. You are asking for trouble with 4" of body lift. Companies dont even make 4" body lifts due to the safety issues after 3". Take it of and go with a suspension lift all the way. I do have a 3" body lift and I have never had any problems. I ran 36" swampers with only the body lift and did have to trim the fenders.