Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Add-a-leafs anything wrong with them?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broncoman6524, Dec 13, 2005.

1. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

I would prefer to get a 4" susp lift. but my dad says i should get add-a-leafs. I've read about them and they seem like a good cheap solution. But will they clear 33s? the articles say 1-2" of lift depending on the vehicle etc. Is there anything "Bad" with lifting the truck this way?:confused:

2. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have used them on the front and rear of vehicles and had no problems. AALs are cheaper, but not by much, you could pick up a four inch lift for a little more money. Front AALs tend to sag faster than spring packs.

3. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

I used front and rear AALs for 7 months before my real lift...I liked them, spent under 200$ with shocks for 2". I was happy with that set up and it helps with the rubbing issues...but i have also made my 33s rub fenders AFTER trimmin with 7"...

4. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

The ad-a-leaves will make your springs much stiffer and rob you of flex. I know a guy who put them on his bronco 2(pos!) and it sucked. If it was my truck Id wack the fenders for 33" and then when you lift it youve got room for 36" or 37" tires!