Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Add-a-leafs?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hathaway, Apr 3, 2001.

1. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

I'm planning to go up to 33's later this summer and I don't really want a lift. But I figure I could do add-a-leafs front and rear and get at least a little more clearance. I don't need to worry about changing anything like pitman arms or anything with the add-a-leafs do I? I don't want to deal with anything like that I just want a bit more clearance.

Dan, '86 K5, 5.0L v8, NP208, TH700R4, open 10bolts front and rear, 3.43gearing, K&N filter, 31x10.50R15 Trailhandlers

2. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

with a add a leaf you shouldnt have to do anything but put them in

Bandit
    (Your right i dont understand the jeep thing)

3. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

i have a six inch lift i built on just add-a-leafs i started off with a 4inch lift i got the leaf for a jeep and threw it on to give me 4 inches then i got one from a 93 ford bronco fliped it 180 degrees and to make a six inch as long as your add-a-leaf isnt bigger than 4 inches youll be fine

NOT ALL HISPANICS DRIVE LOW RIDERS :-) <A target="_blank" HREF=http://jimjim.coloradok5.com>http://jimjim.coloradok5.com</A>

4. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

I'm just looking at the 2.5" Pro-Comp add-a-leafs. I don't have any lift or anything. And I've seen that 33's can fit with no lift, but I figure adding 2.5" with add-a-leafs couldn't hurt. But I only want to do it if it won't affect drive line angles and stuff. If it does I'll just do 33's with no lift at all.

Dan, '86 K5, 5.0L v8, NP208, TH700R4, open 10bolts front and rear, 3.43gearing, K&N filter, 31x10.50R15 Trailhandlers